Do you want longer, fuller lashes without having to use mascara? Lash lifts and tints are a great alternative to getting extensions! Here is everything you need to know about this treatment. Read more to find out if it’s the right choice for you!
What is lash lift?
A lash lift is a treatment that promises to add curl and volume while also darkening the lashes within an hour. It uses a high-heat wand with an active ingredient. The result is longer looking, fuller and more defined lashes that last up to eight weeks. Prices can range depending on where you get it and how much volume and length you want the treatment to give (and things like lash extensions).
Lash lifting procedure
Lash lift was created to make lashes appear longer and fuller. This service is great for clients who have short, straight or downward facing lashes. Lash lifts are custom-performed by putting a special mixture on your lashes that will gently curl them upwards similar to the way you would curl your hair with a curling iron. There are different heat levels used for this application. With lash tinting, natural eyelashes can achieve both subtle definition, definition, color depth and added length healing time is minimal. It’s typically performed in 40 minutes or less than60 minutes maximum before you leave for your event.
What is lash tint?
Lash tinting add subtle color to your lashes so they look darker than their natural shade without added mascara or thickness from false lashes. It’s not meant for dramatic looks — just a subtle enhancement — and the effect can be as subtle as black or as dark as brown, depending on your preference. Don’t expect it to last more than a few days.
Where can I get it done?
Many well-known spas like https://www.vibrantsalonandspa.com/about/lash-lift-fredericton offer lash lifts and tints so be sure to do your research when looking for a spa to go to. You can also find many online tutorials on how to do it yourself at home, but if you’re not comfortable with doing it yourself, it’s best to leave it to the professionals.
What are different benefits of this service?
- Offers curl and volume to lashes.
- Creates faux lash look within an hour.
- Lasts up to 8 weeks.
- Provides darker looking lashes that will stand out vs their natural color (include things like mascara and false lashes).
- Allows for more lash length and volume with the treatment alone (and not additional products worn after). Can provide subtle looks (i.e., black or slightly bolder) if desired based on preference.
- On the other hand, Lash Tinting typically lasts 1-2 weeks. Not to say that Lash Lift last 8 weeks! You have to come for touch up every 3 months. It’s totally fine if you have lash tinting done right before you get a lash lift because it won’t really affect your lashes growing out or anything like that.
What can I expect afterwards?
Afterwards, your lashes will look lifted and curled for around seven weeks or so. You may need to have them done again after this time depending on how long your natural lash cycle is. Because lash lift are semi-permanent, there is no need to spend any extra money on mascara etc., which makes it very affordable compared to eyelash extensions. The only thing you’ll need to do after having it done at a salon is to not get the mixture in your eyes because it’s toxic if ingested!