The City of Brotherly Love is a popular tourist destination for good reason. From the Liberty Bell to Independence Hall, there are plenty of historic sites to see in Philadelphia. But the city has more to offer than just history.
With its vibrant arts scene and diverse neighborhoods, there’s something for everyone in Philadelphia.
Here are some tips on how to make the most of your visit to this unique city.
Where to Stay
As soon as you have decided that you want to visit Philadelphia for a mini-break or an extended vacation, you will need to find somewhere to stay. Luckily, there are plenty of wonderful places to reside during your stay, no matter what your budget may be.
For those looking for a luxurious experience, this luxury extended stay hotel in Philadelphia, PA, is a great option to consider. This five-star hotel has a wide array of out-of-this-world amenities, including outdoor pools, spas, fitness centers, and don’t forget about the outstanding customer service too.
On the other hand, if you’re looking for something that is more budget-friendly, there are plenty of fantastic hotels located in Center City. What’s more is that it caters to those who are looking for convenience, as it is located near many of the city’s attractions and is just a short walk from the Pennsylvania Convention Center.
What Can You Do?
Regardless of whether you are visiting Philly for the first time, or if you have been several times before, you will be glad to know that there isn’t a shortage of things to see and do.
The following are some examples of activities that you can enjoy while in the City of Brotherly Love:
- Visit Independence Hall – This is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Philadelphia. Independence Hall is where both the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution were signed. Today, it is part of the Independence National Historical Park.
- Tour Eastern State Penitentiary – This former prison is now a museum that offers tours seven days a week. It is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Philadelphia.
- See the Liberty Bell – The Liberty Bell is an iconic symbol of American freedom. It is located in Independence National Historical Park.
- Visit the Philadelphia Museum of Art – The Philadelphia Museum of Art is one of the largest museums in the United States. It is home to a wide variety of art, from ancient to modern.
- Explore Fairmount Park – Fairmount Park is the largest city park in Philadelphia. It is home to many historical sites, including the Please Touch Museum and the Philadelphia Zoo.
And that is just the start! Do some research to find out what else you can get up to.
What to Eat?
With all the exploring that you’re going to do at the diverse range of attractions the city is home to, you will need something to give you energy, which is where the food of Philadelphia will be particularly beneficial.
The city is known for its cheesesteaks, of course, but there are other options, too. Head to Reading Terminal Market for a wide variety of cuisines from around the world or go to one of the city’s many excellent Italian restaurants for some fantastic pasta dishes.
There are also plenty of wonderful places to get a burger or hot dog, and if you want something sweet, be sure to try a Philly soft pretzel or one of the city’s many amazing ice cream shops.
When to Visit
Though there shouldn’t be any particular time to visit Philly (because it is that wonderful), some people find that they prefer certain times of the year to others.
If you are looking for the best time to visit, you should likely do it in the spring or fall. This is because the weather is mild and the city comes alive with festivals and events. You should also consider visiting in the spring too, as this is where the city’s famous cherry blossoms come into bloom, making for a tremendous sight.
On the other hand, if you’re looking for a time to visit that will be comfortable for your wallet, winter is a good option. The city is still lively, and there are often deals on flights and hotels too.
Planning a trip to Philadelphia can be daunting, but our guide will make it easy. Whether you’re looking for the best places to eat or want to know where all the historical landmarks are, we’ve got you covered.
With our help, you can experience everything that this amazing city has to offer! So, what are you waiting for? Book your flights and accommodation and head to Philadelphia now!